Normally when we think of helmets, we think they’re uncool. Or maybe we think they’re too cumbersome to wear all the time. Well, guess what guys, helmets were invented for a reason, and not just to inconvenience you for a second. They exist because they can TRULY, REALLY save your lives in certain situations. These 12 photos of battle-scarred helmets will truly hone this point home:
1. Good thing these scratches were not on your face!
2. Let’s see, if not for this helmet, the person would’ve needed some head surgery, some face surgery, and some brain surgery:
3. Do you want to know how a broken skull looks like? Much like this helmet:
4. You know who wasn’t thankful for this ugly ass helmet? Certainly not the guy who wore it:
5. Better a broken helmet than a dead person:
6. Now imagine THAT being your actual head instead of just a helmet:
7. They look artsy for potentially real physical injury:
8. Plastic can survive being dragged on the floor? Your face? Not so much..
9. This paint just needs a few paint jobs (and a medal of honor):
10. We won’t even begin to describe what happened here.. Just that this helmet lived to meet its purpose:
11. I have so many questions regarding the circumstances surrounding this helmet…
12. This is the ultimate proof that not wearing a helmet while travelling is the dumbest move ever: