Premenstrual syndrome, or more commonly known as PMS, is the bane of all women everywhere. It’s painful, and it does a plethora of other things to a woman’s behavior. Food cravings increase. Irritability and shifts in mood become a common occurrence. In worst cases, it can even lead to depression.
So, how do you fight the symptoms of PMS if you don’t want to take prescription drugs for it? Well, there are actually some ways, all of which include changes in habit, lifestyle, or diet. Read on to find out more!
1. Maintain blood sugar levels in your body by staying away from sweets and sugary foods, opting to eat healthy fruits and vegetables instead.
2. Get those essential Omega-3 fatty acids through eating cold-water fish, halibut and sardines. These foods will help keep your brain healthy and make you less moody.
3. Stay away from all the caffeine! If you know your period is coming, stop drinking coffee and soft drinks immediately.
4. No alcoholic beverages either. It’s an antidepressant and can literally sour your mood. If you can’t help but drink, at least lessen the amount you’re going to consume.
5. Cultivate a sense of calmness and serenity in you. Take deep breaths, count one to ten, meditate.
6. Exercise will help out a lot! A healthy body with great blood circulation is always ready to fight off PMS.
7. Get the right amount of nutritional and hormonal balance from eating healthy foods! A healthy diet equates to a healthy lifestyle. Add to that hormonal balancing supplements and you’re more than equipped to combat the menace that is pre-menstrual syndrome.