Here at Best Things, we’re a sucker for practical tips. Anything that will make our lives more convenient at a very low or no cost is always welcome. That’s why we’re proud to share to you 15 incredibly practical tips and tricks, or life hacks, as people on the Interwebs aptly put it!
Marvel at these nuggets of knowledge and apply them to your daily lives! 🙂
1. Turn the water to “Cold” at the end of your shower to prevent acne. Cold water seals your pores and prevents dirt and bacteria from entering them.
2. Keep an onion near you at night if you have a stuffy nose.
3. Put your hands in ice water and flex them if you have a migraine.
4. Press your tongue against the roof of your mouth if you have a brain freeze.
5. Pinch yourself if you just can’t stop laughing.
6. If you’re about to start gagging, tuck your thumb inside your fist and grip it tightly.
7. Scratch your ear if you have a tickle in your throat.
8. Put deodorant on a mosquito bite to stop the itching.
9. Research shows that the right ear is better at picking up words and speech, while the left ear is better at picking up music and other sounds.
10. If you have a toothache, rub some ice between your thumb and forefinger. This can relieve the pain by up to 50%.
11. Press your tongue firmly against the back of your teeth to prevent a sneeze.
12. If you’re in bed and still feeling dizzy, place one of your feet on the ground. This will help your brain recalculate your position.
13. If you’re having trouble falling asleep, blink fast for a minute.
14. If you read a speech before you go to bed, you will remember it better in the morning.
15. If you’re feeling sleepy, hold your breath for as long as you can and then release it.