Paulo Coelho is one of the most celebrated novelists in the world, and for good reason. His stories flow with such depth and warmth that moves human beings to be better and to treat each other kindly.
If you’re looking for motivation in life or just want to get some nuggets of wisdom from the author of “The Alchemist”, you’re in luck. We’ve compiled 29 of the most amazing quotes coming from his books:
1. No reason is needed for loving.
2. Every person on Earth plays a central role in the history of the world.
3. The world we live in will be either better or worse, depending on whether we become better or worse.
4. Life will be a part for you, a grand festival, because life is the moment we’re living right now.
5. To realize one’s destiny is a person’s only real obligation.
6. It is the hand that evokes love and creates a twin soul for every person in the world.
7. You can become blind by seeing each day as a similar one.
8. Each day is a different one, each day brings a miracle of its own.
9. You drown not by falling into a river, but by staying submerged in it.
10. We have to stop and be humble enough to understand that there is something called mystery.
11. Eat when it’s time to eat. And move along when it’s time to move along.
12. We will only understand the miracle of life fully when we allow the unexpected to happen.
13. We make a lot of detours, but we’re always heading for the same destination.
14. There is only one way to learn and it’s through action.
15. If I am really a part of your dream, you’ll come back one day.
16. Every blessing ignored becomes a curse.
17. Be brave. Take risks.
18. The language that everyone on Earth was capable of understanding in their heart. It was love.
19. Always heed the omens.
20. Life was always a matter of waiting for the right moment to act.
21. Dreams are the language of God.
22. The two worst strategic mistakes to make are acting prematurely and letting an opportunity slip; to avoid this, the warrior treats each situation as if it were unique and never resorts to formulas, recipes or other people’s opinions.
23. If you pay attention to the present, you can improve upon it.
24. Life attracts life.
25. People need not fear the unknown if they are capable of achieving what they need and want.
26. There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.
27. When a person really desires something, all the universe conspires to help that person to realize his dream.
28. Don’t give into your fears. If you do, you won’t be able to talk to your heart.
29. The wise are wise only because they love. The fools are fools only because they think they can understand love.
30. Love can consign us to hell or to paradise, but it always takes us somewhere.