The weekends could be an amazing time to cool down and just relax, or they could be full of high-pressure activities that require a lot of money to do. The decision is up to you, really. However, the truth of the matter is this:
You don’t need to spend money to have a great weekend.
As long as you’re doing things you love with friends and family, you don’t have to waste a single time to make the most out of your two-day vacation. Here are 30 great cost-efficient ideas you can draw inspiration from to have the perfect weekend getaway!
1. De-clutter your stuff, and maybe even sell them!
2. Attend free music / movies at the park
3. Have a picnic with your friends!
4. Hike somewhere new!
5. Go to a park.
6. Ride a bike and explore
7. Play board/card games
8. Host a potluck!
9. Learn a new skill. You don’t need to hire a tutor for this!
10. Read a book
11. Make a new recipe
12. Create a piece of art for your home
13. Sort, print, and organize photos on your phone
14. Build a fire in a fireplace or fire pit
15. Refurbish, refinish, or paint some furniture
16. Visit a free museum
17. Do some volunteer work
18. Camp in your backyard!
19. Go fishing at the nearest river or sea
20. Go to the beach and enjoy the sun
21. Explore your public library
22. Take pictures! You have your phone, use it!
23. Make a budget for the upcoming days / weeks
24. Redesign a room in your house, especially one that has not been used
25. Make lists for holidays, meal plans, or back-to-school even!
26. Write your goals, even short-term ones.
27. Host a clothing swap
28. Write! On a journal, or maybe write the opening scene of a novel!
29. Draw or paint
30. Play video games! Although this one is pretty easy