We usually do certain things out of habit, convenience, and mostly because of what was taught to us. We never even question the things we do because everybody else in society does it. Today we’re going to quell some popular misconceptions about how many things work, especially stuff that you usually have to deal with everyday.
Here are 10 everyday things you’re probably doing wrong – and how to do them right!
1. It is not advisable to charge the phone only when the battery is drained to the hilt. It will only decrease battery life even faster. For good measure, try recharging your phone’s battery around 30-40%.
2. Cutting your cake at the center like a wedge is economical, but will make the inner part of the cake dry much faster. To avoid this, cut through the center of the cake!
So everytime you get a piece, what you’re left with is a smaller version of the cake!
3. Holding your car’s steering wheel like this is bad especially if you own a modern car. In case of accidents, your hand will get caught in the airbag that will pop right off.
So the best way is to hold it perpendicular to the steering wheel, with your thumb facing up.
4. According to science (and to nature), the best posture to do the “Number 2” is not by regularly sitting on the toilet seat but by squatting. Squatting relaxes the muscles in the pelvic area and straightens our rectums, thus facilitating the process!
5. Earphones are a very unique product in that they’re made as if they’re a one-size-fits all, but in reality, they’re not. So if you’re having a hard time fitting your earphones in your ear, try wearing it as shown below! It’ll be harder for them to fall off this way.
6. Here’s how you open a banana like a monkey: Ignore the handle-like stem. Turn your banana upside-down and focus on the nubby, pointed tip at the opposite end. Pinch this tip between your first finger and thumb — this will split the skin of the banana cleanly, allowing you to peel it back.
7. How to make deodorant even more effective? Spray it on your body at night, before you go to sleep! This way your underarm won’t feel sweaty as your body changes temperature in the night.
8. It’s actually counterproductive to try and shampoo your body everyday as it makes it very dry. So if possible, don’t shampoo in between days.
9. In applying moisturizer, we usually rub the moisturizer to our face until it goes completely dry. Turns out, this method is wrong as it only damages your face even further. To rid your face of toxins and accumulated dirt, try applying moisturizer on your finger and lightly tapping your face with it.
10. This way of pouring juice out of the box is wrong as it spills a lot of the juice…
Flip the box over instead, and pour to your heart’s content!